Every photo in our collection is an original vintage print from a newspaper or news service archive, not a digital image. Please see our FAQ for more information.
Caption: DETROIT, Jan. 17--AFTER FATAL BLAZE--Gerald Brazill and an unidentified friend (left) inspect damage in his flat after Wednesday's fire which killed Walter Sanders, 2, and Leon Sanders, 5 months. The blaze was apparently caused by candles used to light the home on Detroit's near northwest side, after electricity was shutoff by Detroit Edison. A utility spokesman said the shutoff was because someone illegally hooked up electrical service that had previously been shutoff.
The front and back of this photograph are pictured below.
More Like This
Sign up to get an exclusive discount, as well as the latest on sales, new releases and more!