This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

1983 Press Photo fireplace carbon monoxide poisoning

Every photo in our collection is an original vintage print from a newspaper or news service archive, not a digital image. Please see our FAQ for more information.

Caption: The fireplace could be the source of invisible carbon monoxide poisons, unless precautions are taken. Carbon monoxide is an odorless, tasteless, colorless gas that is fatal if inhaled in too pure a form. At low concentration, the gas can cause shortage of breath and a slight head, while higher levels can cause severe headaches, mental confusion, dizziness, loss of hearing or vision, fainting, nausea, and eventual death.

The front and back of this photograph are pictured below.

Add to Wishlist